Tuesday, April 19, 2011

thin & crispy chocolate chip cookies...sandwiched with buttercream





So I decided to make these again because I'm seeing my friend who turned me onto this combo tomorrow AND because "the thin" is my new chocolate chip cookie love.




This time around I used a smaller scoop, which yielded 90 cookies. Yes, 90!!! And then I sandwiched them with an incredibly sweet vanilla buttercream filling.




I won't bother you by reposting the recipe, but in case you're lost, just follow the "recipe" link.....


What you'll need:


- this recipe
- 1 1/4 inch diameter cookie scoop ***for scooping cookies***
-  vanilla buttercream ***see recipe below***




Vanilla Buttercream Filling
Thanks again, MS, for providing me with this recipe. Makes almost enough to fill 2 1/2 dozen sandwich cookies




INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract


Beat butter with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until creamy, about 2 minutes. Reduce speed to medium, and beat in confectioners' sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, scraping down side of bowl as necessary, until pale and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add vanilla, and beat until smooth. Filling can be refrigerated in an airtight container up to 3 days; return to room temperature and stir until smooth before using.


Sandwich cookies with heaping teaspoons (or more) of vanilla buttercream filling. Place in the refrigerator to firm up. Sandwich cookies can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container.



No comments:

Post a Comment